- A series of photographs from Sydney's Inner West whilst multiple bushfires burnt throughout rural New… instagram.com/p/gFa6wZkuho/ - 1 month ago
- SYDNEY BUSHFIRES james-watkins.net/nsw-bushfires/ @flakphoto - 1 month ago
- SYDNEY BUSHFIRES james-watkins.net/nsw-bushfires/ - 1 month ago
- satellite imagery. instagram.com/p/fwdhwSEurA/ - 1 month ago
- abstract architecture art artist auckland australia autumn black and white blog bnw books brooklyn cbd city collaborations colour dialogue digital digital art drawing experimental fitzroy friends graffiti guitars illustration images interview iphone jack kerouac LA life literature live lyrics manhattan melbourne melbourne street art music nature new york new zealand no expectations nyc painting people photo photography photos photoshop poem poetry portrait portraits portraiture prahran prose red sex sketches st kilda stream of conscious street street art subway surreal sydney text poetry the doors travel video words writers writing yellow
Monthly Archives: May 2012
the rain falls reluctantly, as if the ground once broke its heart. voices fill the halls, lost voices that know no better. jazz makes its way, whatever way it wants. melbourne’s sky smiles grey, electric fires burn not too hot … Continue reading
Sitting around with the violently skilful Conrad Bizjak, whilst he improvised some drawings from my words and ideas i was making up as we went along. Super fun. Check out more of his work here: conradbizjak.org.
“My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.” – Albert Einstein. I’ve become increasingly interested with the idea of … Continue reading
He came over and played us a song whilst we were having lunch. I bought the t-shirt.
the air was cold but the blossoms were out. i took some photos of the blossoms but they were boring.
I was walking through St Kilda on a lazy autumn sunday when a man approached me as i crossed the road and said he liked what i was wearing, then asked politely if he could take a photograph of me. … Continue reading
“Everybody has a different idea of love. One girl I know said, ‘I knew he loved me when he didn’t come in my mouth.’ ”
An ongoing series of images from the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York.
music is a really interesting medium to create within and express yourself through. it stimulates a very specific part of the human psyche and can generate passionate, visceral reactions. the idea that an emotion or feeling can be conveyed simply through sounds, … Continue reading
I like taking photos out of moving cars.
tom waits is singing about new orleans on youtube. there is an obese black woman on the muted television wearing an azure moomoo. i cannot think of the word moomoo without thinking of the simpsons episode when homer gets really … Continue reading
This image appears to be a fairly innocuous, almost banal photograph of a landscape. But it’s actually a reflection off a pond and the image as you see it is upside down. I like the bird and the painterly feel … Continue reading
Drinking mulled wine at the South Yarra Markets. Conrad Bizjak painted a jellyfish on a wall. Click here for all images.
does nectar taste less sweet in a dream? a mirage is paradise if it makes you believe. answers don’t need questions to survive. i am invisible through ignorant eyes. -jw.
I shot this photograph last year at Electric Wire Hustle’s Melbourne gig and had forgot how much I liked it until they recently reblogged it on their new Tumblr page. EWH are one of my favourite New Zealand bands, if you … Continue reading